“An apple a day keeps a doctor away!” - We all have come across this statement in our school life. Isn’t it? But how many of you completely rely on this? How many of you truly believe that apples do have that potential to keep you away from a doctor? In this blog, we will learn about those nutritional effects of apples.
Owing to their package of antioxidants, flavonoids, and dietary fiber, they are believed to be the home of nutrients. An apple a day really offer some impressive health benefits. If you want to avoid a medicine, make a habit of intaking an apple per day. New Zealand apples are more tasty than other apples. If you are not so fond of apples you can try these once. We guess, these will gain your taste buds.
Let us now explore why doctors even recommend apples for the improvement of health.
1. Nutritious: Apples are highly nutritious. If you take two cups of the fruit daily, you will gain 2000 calories in your diet. A medium sized apple offers 95 calories, 25 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber, 14% of Vitamin C, 6% Potassium, 5% of Vitamin K. Besides, it also contains manganese, copper, vitamins like A, E, B1, B2, and B6. Moreover, apples have an abundant amount of polyphenols. Almost every nutritious element is present in an apple which is quite beneficial for good health.
2. Good for Weight Loss: Apples are filled with high fiber and water. You can easily experiment this out. Have some slice of apples before a meal and have some apple juice, sauce or any other apple processed products. Comparing both the cases, the first case will make you feel fuller than either one. Similarly, you can undergo another experiment. Eat some slice of apples regularly for 10 weeks and measure your weight in the end. There will be 1 kg loss compared to your previous measurement.
3. Good for Heart: Apples do a high contribution to lowering the risk of heart-related diseases. This is mainly because of its soluble fiber that aids to lower your blood cholesterol level. The polyphenols present in the apples are good for antioxidant effects. These are mostly concentrated in the peel. Polyphenols or basically the flavonoid epicatechin is the primary cause for the reduction of the blood pressure. They lower the BP level by working on the “bad” LDL oxidation, thus acting as antioxidants. According to the researches, high intakes of flavonoids are responsible for 20% reduction of stroke. No matter whether it is a New Zealand apple or of any other country, they work the same.
4. Good for Diabetic patient: Apples lower the risk of type 2 diabetes. Are you a diabetic patient? Just have a few apples per week and you will gain a protective effect. How? The polyphenols in apples help to prevent the damage tissue and the beta cells in your pancreas.
5. Have Prebiotic Effects: Apples have a package of pectin. It is a type of fiber that works as a prebiotic. This fiber feeds the good bacteria. The fiber, instead of getting absorbed in the small intestine during digestion, it goes to the colon, thus promoting the growth of good bacteria. According to the research, this may be the prime reason behind the protective effects of apples that work against the obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
6. Prevent Cancer: Scientists believe that apples have the potential to lower the rates of death from cancer. Owing to the power of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, scientists believe that apples can fight against the cancer cells. Or making it a habit can prevent you from such diseases.
7. Fight Asthma: Apples are rich in antioxidants. They protect your lungs from oxidative damage. The apple skin contain flavonoid quercetin. This regulate the overall immune system and reduce inflammation. These are the two basic ways to treat asthma and other allergic reactions. Based on the study, more than 68,000 of women who have a regular habit of eating apples have the lowest risk of asthma.
8. Good for Bone Health: Fruits are good for increasing bone density that results in an effective bone health. It is believed that apples have that strength to promote bone density and provide a good bone health. That is the reason why, doctors recommend women to eat apples in their meal, as they possess low calcium level than men.
Apples are God bliss. Have you tried the New Zealand Apples? Their nutritional assets coupled with their taste sensation drag the food lovers towards them.